After months of work, Anomos Liberty Enhancements is proud to release version 0.9 of Anomos – Anonymous and Encrypted BitTorrent!
This new version introduces faster downloads, a refreshed look and vastly improved overall stability.
* Windows users can click here to download the installer package from SourceForge.net.
* GNU/Linux users can follow the instructions on the Downloads page to get the software and the required libraries.
* There is currently no OSX version (because we don’t have any OSX machines), but it is possible to run Anomos on OSX, as this page describes. If you’d like to build an OSX package for Anomos, please get in touch!
The other big news is that we are now running a public Anomos tracker! Our server is located at: https://tracker.anomos.info:5555/announce
You can help us test our tracker by downloading this atorrent: Education on Humans (and Examples from Camera), a short film by video artist Dave Fischer.
For more information about sharing your files with Anomos, you should read this guide.
Although it has come along way, Anomos is still under active development and should not yet be used for purposes which require absolute security.
Anomos needs help! We are looking for:
* People to seed files and run trackers! Anomos can’t work unless people use it.
* People to test the client and tracker looking for bugs.
* Python programmers to find and fix bugs and add new features.
* People to maintain packages for different linux distributions, a Windows maintainer and a maintainer for OSX.
* Translators, so that Anomos can be easily used by people in non-English speaking countries.
* Programmers in other languages (particularly C/C++) who could add Anomos support to other existing BitTorrent projects.
If you’d like to become part of the Anomos community, you can join our new web forum, or you can join us in #anomos on irc.freenode.org. Become part of the future of digital freedom!
Anomos is graciously funded by the NLNet Foundation, without which none of this would have been possible.
That’s all for now – though there’s always more in the pipeline!
Rich – Anomos Liberty Enhancement